The Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Awards is now accepting submissions! Winners will receive $4000 in cash prizes ($2000 for first place, $1000 for second place, $500 for third place, $250 for Best New Artist and $250 for Sarahs' Sarah Award) and be celebrated at an award ceremony on April 23, 2018 at New York City's Players' Club. Fun Fact, it's Shakespeare's birthday!
To be eligible
- Entries must have been produced between February 2017 and February 2018.
- Entries must be between 3 minutes and 60 minutes in length.
- Each entry will be judged individually.
- Serialized works are allowed to enter, but the entry for each series can be no more than 60 minutes. Those choosing to enter series can use that time however they want. You can upload an episode that you believe is representative of the series, provide excerpts from multiple episodes, etc. The entry can not be more than 60 minutes. Each entry will be judged individually.
- Entries of all languages are admissible. However, if your works are not in English, you must provide a transcript in English.
- We cannot offer individual critiques of declined audio or reasons for declining audio from the nominations.
- All works must be fiction–no documentaries will be accepted. (However, mockumentaries will be happily accepted.)
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may submit as many entries as you like.
- Each entry should consist of one audio file. (MP3)
- Entries are only accepted through Submittable. There you will find clear instructions for uploading your story. If you need help or have any questions, please email us: email@example.com
All entries must include
- Brief producer bio (80 words max)
- One audio file per entry
- Synopsis of your entry
- Entry fee
- If submission is not in English, you must provide an English transcript.
Fees and deadlines
- $25 for entries uploaded between Wednesday November 1, 2017 and Friday, December 1, 2017.
- $35 for all entries uploaded between Saturday, December 2, 2017 through Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST
- Entries uploaded after Thursday, February 15, 2018 by 5 p.m. EST will not be judged.
- All entries may be considered for the The Sarahs’ Serendipity podcast.