The Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Awards is now accepting submissions! Winners will receive $3750 in cash prizes ($2000 for first place, $1000 for second place, $500 for third place, and $250) and be celebrated at our virtual award ceremony on November 22, 2020.
To be eligible
- Entries must have been produced between March 2018 and October 2020.
- Entries must be between 3 minutes and 60 minutes in length.
- Each entry will be judged individually.
- Serialized works are allowed to enter, but the entry for each series can be no more than 60 minutes. Those choosing to enter series can use that time however they want. You can upload an episode that you believe is representative of the series, provide excerpts from multiple episodes, etc. The entry can not be more than 60 minutes. Each entry will be judged individually.
- Entries of all languages are admissible. However, if your works are not in English, you must provide a transcript in English.
- We cannot offer individual critiques of declined audio or reasons for declining audio from the nominations.
- All works must be fiction–no documentaries will be accepted. (However, mockumentaries will be happily accepted.)
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may submit as many entries as you like.
- Each entry should consist of one audio file. (MP3)
- Entries are only accepted through Submittable. There you will find clear instructions for uploading your story. If you need help or have any questions, please email us: email@example.com
All entries must include
- Brief producer bio (80 words max)
- One audio file per entry
- Synopsis of your entry
- Entry fee
- If submission is not in English, you must provide an English transcript.
Fees and deadlines
- It’s Free!
- All entries must be uploaded by Friday, October 23rd, 2020 at 5 p.m. EST
- Entries uploaded after Friday, October 23rd, 2020 by 5 p.m. EST will not be judged.