This Revolution Will Not Be Televised
The Sarah Lawrence International Audio Fiction Award (also known as "The Sarahs") is a new initiative that will transform the audio landscape and encourage everyone—writers, audio producers, sound artists, musicians—to re-think what is possible in the radio drama format.
The Sarah Lawrence College International Audio Fiction Awards is now accepting submissions! Winners will receive cash prizes and be celebrated at an award ceremony on March 28, 2017 at WNYC's Greene Space. The inestimable Jeffrey Cranor and Joseph Fink of Welcome to Night Vale will be the Master of Ceremonies and entertainment for the evening.
TO BE ELIGIBLE
• Entries must have been produced between February 2015 and February 2017.
• Entries must be between 3 minutes and 120 minutes in length.
• Each entry will be judged individually.
• Serialized works are allowed to enter, but the entry for each series can be no more than 120 minutes. (We can't have our judges listening to 10 hours from the same show. We're a small group. Sorry!)
• Entries of all languages are admissible. However, if your works are not in English, you must provide a transcript in English.
• We cannot offer individual critiques of declined audio or reasons for declining audio from the nominations.
• All works must be fiction–no documentaries will be accepted. (However, mockumentaries will be happily accepted.)
• What do we mean by “audio fiction?” Check out our FAQ page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You may submit as many entries as you like.
• Each entry should consist of one audio file. (MP3)
• Entries are only accepted through Submittable. There you will find clear instructions for uploading your story. If you need help or have any questions, please email us: email@example.com
ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE
• Brief producer bio (80 words max)
• One audio file per entry
• Synopsis of your entry
• Entry fee
• If submission is not in English, you must provide an English transcript.
FEES AND DEADLINES
• Free for student entries.
• $20 for entries uploaded between Thursday, December 1, 2016 and Thursday, December 22, 2016.
• $35 for all entries uploaded between Friday, December 23, 2016 through Friday, January 27, 2017 at 5 p.m. EST
• Entries uploaded after Friday, January 27, 2017 by 5 p.m. EST will not be judged.
• All entries may be considered for the The Sarahs’ Serendipity podcast and PRX’s Remix.
• Payment is to be made online through Submittable. If you have any issues or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.